Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super vision

I probably will watch at least some of big game 46.
It's on TV, and not much else is.
Can't get very excited about it, especially with my one fantasy football team that runs through the NFL playoffs, in the Andy Memorial Football League, was relegated early to the WhoCares.com Toilet Bowl this season.
That had something to do with having Chris Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald as my two keepers in a scoring-only league. I thought about dropping both of them, but it became easier in a league with very few top choices still available and with the thought that I'd have to draft just 14 players instead of 16, just to hang on to them.
I really didn't want to buy into the Kevin Kolb hype, but I did. And I didn't foresee the playing-for-a-contract aspect of Chris Johnson's 2010 season. Chris Johnson? Who's that? He's dead to me.
He'll go down with a first-round Randy Moss back in the '05 Rochester Championship of Fantasy Football as my worst picks ever. If you have the stomach, check out Moss' stats for that year. He more than negated one of my most brilliant picks ever, Willie Parker in the 15th round.
Anyway, everybody who is in any kind of postseason fantasy league no doubt already has made his/her picks. Just for the record, here are my thoughts.
The game will go over. The offenses are just too good, and the defenses aside from a few shiny players are pretty porous.
I also like the Patriots, for the two usual reasons: Tom Brady, Bill Belichick. New England's coach rarely fails when he has an extra week to prepare, and I don't expect anyone to catch a pass with his helmet this time.
For key individual performers, I give you Brady and, because Rob Gronkowski is a question mark (but one who still will step up bigger than most TES), Aaron Hernandez from the Pats. Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham are just too good not to have big games if New England focuses on shutting down Victor Cruz. Eli Manning should have a good game.
The key of course, will be which team will get a big, key stop or a turnover leading to a score. Possibly both. I think that team will be New England, something like 41-31.

No comments: